You may be thinking, why would I need a notebook when I have my phone and laptop? There are many benefits to using a notebook for some of your tasks instead of technology! We have drawn up a list of the main reasons you may want to consider using a notebook in this digital world.
- Disconnecting! The average person spends 4.8 hours on their phone A DAY! With so much of our time revolving around tech, it can be beneficial to offset some tasks to a notebook. Blog writing? Task setting? To Do lists? Writing up emails? Writing a book? Spending time away from your phone and laptop can lead to improved productivity and less distractions!
- There is something about writing in a notebook that feels grounding and authentic… do you agree? Maybe it is the open feel of the pages, and how you are never limited to the programming of a notebook app! Maybe it is the endless possibilities of squiggling and doodling! The way you can cross things out, add notes to your work and flick through pages easily.
- The stress of battery power! Every writer knows the struggle of living between charging points. That one time when you go to the café and forget your charger! Or the stress of seeing your laptops charge dropping to the dreaded 10%! A good old pen and paper never gives you this stress. Just a little bit of inspiration and you are off!
- A place for all your thoughts! Notepads do not have to be just for work or To Do lists, they can be a great place to offload quickly and a way to never forget anything. It can be easy to write reminders on a laptop and phone and then never revisit them, whereas having all your notes in one place can ensure you never miss anything again!
- That leads us to journaling. Check out our blog on journaling and ‘prompts for manifesting’ here. But is journaling really the same on technology? The authentic and grounding feeling of journaling with pen and paper is unbeatable and it can be a great way to unwind after a long day on your laptop – decreasing stress and even improving your sleep!
- Do not get us started about the stress of your laptop crashing, losing work, or accidentally deleting content! You do not have that problem with a notebook. If you are worried about misplacing your notebook, there are apps you can use that upload your notebooks straight from your page to a document, bringing you the best of both worlds!
- Notebook writing can also help with other aspects of your life. Do you feel like you may be addicted to your phone? Or do you get distracted by your social media notifications while trying to do work? Offsetting some of your daily tasks to a notebook can help break these bad habits!
- Are you worried about the environmental impact of using pen and paper? Have a look at our sustainable notebook range for a more environmentally friendly way of using notebooks!
Been inspired to offset some of your daily tasks to a notebook? Using pen and paper can be fun and exciting if you use a notebook that you love! Find your perfect nu: notebook and start writing!
Are you worried about the environmental impact of using pen and paper? Have a look at our sustainable range for a more environmentally friendly way of using notebooks!
Looking for a Things To Do Pad? Have a look at this one!
Or maybe you’d like to personalise your own notebook! Click here!